All documents on this site are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat reader to view them.
Click the icon above to download
Adobe Acrobat Reader®
Since 1995 Successful, Organic, Formic Acid Honey Bee Mite Treatment.
Protect bees against Varroa and Tracheal mites by prolong treatment which not only cleans your hives but also prevents re-infestation in pollination and times of robbing.
MiteGone® ELIMINATED ALL DISADVANTAGES OF OTHER TREATMENTS SUCH AS:
Extreme weather dependency, unreliability of treatment, and low efficacy.
Queen and colony losses. Queen stopping laying. Brood mortality and drone sterility.
Build up of resistance, contamination, and the danger of handling liquid Formic Acid.
Reduces Nosema. Cleans chalk brood, and lesser wax moth. Repels Small Hive Beetle and Skunks.
UNUSED AND FILLED PADS IN KITS HAVE SHELF LIFE OF 10 YEARS.
HOBBY KITS ARE AVAILABLE DRY. In CANADA filled and vacuum sealed:
Include 22 - 5”pads. They have been used for 12 years. 5 Lbs or 2.3 kg of 65% Formic Acid has been added into the kits. Then the bag and box are vacuum-sealed immediately and the kit stands upside down for a few minutes. Before actual use, stand the kits upside down again for a few minutes. Each kit will treat 4 two high colonies twice a year with 3 five inch pads: in August, leave them in until April, throw them out and put 2 new ones in. Remove by June.
TO PROTECT WINTER BEES: Mitegone Is designed to work in heat of August when winter bees are reared.
All treatments in late September or October are too late!
The damage to brood of winter bees is already done and the colony may collapse.
COMMERCIAL & SIDE LINER KITS, VACUUM FILLED AND SEALED:
Available in Canada filled and vacuum sealed. In US dry to fill.
Include 162 -5”pads, and will treat 54 hives with 3 pads, and 81 with 2 pads. Each kit needs: 40lbs / 18.18kg of 65% acid. For process of vacuum filling and sealing click on link above. Transport each kit to your bee yards in its own sturdy plastic latch box available at: (WALMART Sterilite No 1925 27 Qt./26 L. 16 1/2”x 13” x 12 1/4”) full height of dry kit with latching lid, and strong handles to carry KITS for. dispensing into hives.
COLONY SIZE + HOUSING = NO OF PADS Treatment is not weather dependant if bees are in appropriate housing where bees can maintain brood temperature without clustering:
Colony: of 2-4 frames in 4-5 frame nuke box = 1 pad. Mating nuke Reduced pad. Splits 5-8 frames in one brood box = 2 pads, Pollination unit (shown) 8-10 frames in one brood box and Second box of Empty frames for expansion or honey collection = 2 pads. Two Boxes of honey and bees ready to winter in late August =3 pads.
You cannot treat:
- 4 frames of bees in 2 boxes of empty frames move colony into nuke, or
- Boomers in June ready to swarm; Split them and treat as pollination unit.
WHEN WINTER BEES ARE BORN - WHEN TO TREAT AND WHY
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & TIMING IN TEMPERATE CLIMATE:
DO NOT UNWRAP THE PADS!
In late August. Pin with 2 half’s of tooth pick in each corner of pad 3 soaked 5”pads to the outside of the outermost honey comb of any TOP box, open end down, and put it in the hive. Leave the pads in the hive until April. Refill or put 2 new pads into the hive in early April. Throw out the pads in late May.
If you have Small hive beetle clean the wall of box and staple pads to wall or Hang them on SURVEYOR tape. Beetle tends to hide and lay eggs behind pads fasten to combs.
THIS ORGANIC METHOD OF TREATING VARROA MITES WILL WORK EVERYWHERE FOR OTHER CLIMATES AND APPLICATIONS SEE: TREATMENT SELECTION
How well it works, read CREDIBLE USE LEGAL STATEMENTS by qualified people.
Availability: The MiteGone® Treatment for Varroa and Tracheal mites is astonishingly simple! You buy the Formic Acid locally. Buy the DRY KITS directly from MiteGone® or DRY or FILLED from OUR AGENTS.
Design: MiteGone® evaporator pads were designed by the beekeeper – for the beekeeper, and have been successfully tested and used since 1995 by beekeepers in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Since 2000, MiteGone® has been available commercially and tested worldwide. Use and experiences in Canada, USA, Europe, Argentina, Chile, and New Zealand have showed that: After 20 years of exclusive use in 500 hives We cannot find mites before spring treatment, and the MiteGone® pads, treatment, and method of treating bees for mites fulfilled intended design criteria:
- Pads are one item that is inexpensive, simple, and easy to use in many ways. Available as dry or pre-soaked pads in kits.
- Treatment is not weather dependant, but adjustable to local conditions. The product works as long as the bees do not cluster. The bees maintain steady internal temperature and humidity, thus maintaining the evaporation rate in the bee hive.
- MiteGone® uses the continuous low dose release method which works on the principle of evaporating a miniscule but steady flow of Formic Acid fumes through the hive which is finally contained at the bottom board. This forces bees to ventilate through this pool of Formic Acid and deliver a low concentration of the Formic Acid's fumes to the brood chamber, knocking the mites off and killing them in the pool of heavily concentrated Formic Acid fumes on the bottom board. In addition it makes mites sick and infertile so they keep dying.
Treating varroa mites with formic acid does not cause overdose symptoms and is not weather dependent.
- MiteGone® pads fit into the existing bee space between the frame and wall in the hive without any additional box, rim, or equipment. Heat and humidity is maintained by bees only between frames.
- Method allows for variable dosage to treat colonies of different sizes including nukes by using
1-2-3-4 of 5" pads.
- Pads contain enough Formic Acid: for 21 or more days of treatment to treat low and medium infestation, and by adding or replacing pads to treat high infestation levels.
- Method eliminates measuring Formic Acid into a dispenser. The product soaks and holds the exact amount of Formic Acid automatically.
- Pads contain Formic Acid without dripping and evaporates Formic Acid at a constant rate on the principles of capillary tube and gravity.
- MiteGone® is a one-visit treatment that does not require any specific time for removal or disposal? Remove it or REUSE pads when pads are dry the next time you work the hive.
- Pads are disposable for the commercial operator but allows for re-use by the penny-pincher without transferring diseases. Re-soaking in Formic Acid sterilizes the pads.
Quick Locator of Subjects
Alphabetical listing of subjects and documents
WORLD WIDE PATENT PENDING
US Patent # 6,837,770 B2 | CA Patent CA-2323263
MiteGone® Enterprises Int.
Web Page -HOME January, 2020 - E2
© Copyright 2018, MiteGone® Enterprises Int., All Rights Reserved.
Site Maintenance by FACT Computer Services Co.