All documents on this site are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat reader to view them.
Click the icon above to download
Adobe Acrobat Reader®
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT Formic ACID AND MiteGone®
Click each question to see the answer. Click the question again to close the answer.
- You suggest treating in April but could you be more specific in regards to daily temperatures that I should be looking for?
- How does Formic acid kill mites?
- Do I need to use menthol to treat for Tracheal mites if I use Formic acid and MiteGone®?
- Can the acid and MiteGone® be used in both the spring and the fall?
- Why don’t mites develop resistance to Formic acid (as they do to other miticides)?
- Can Formic acid and MiteGone® be used in conjunction with other Acaricide?
- When alternating the use of Formic acid and MiteGone® with another miticides, is it better to use Formic acid in the spring or the fall?
- Does Formic acid kill mites on the brood in capped cells or does it only kill mites on adult bees?
- Should I expect queen losses when treating with Formic Acid and MiteGone® Method?
- What is the efficacy of Formic acid compared to that of pesticides?
- When do I have to take the pads out of the hive? What happens if I don’t?
- Can I put the MiteGone® pads on top of the frames?
- Can I pre-fill pads in my honey house? Are prefilled pads available?
- I live in a subtropical or Tropical climate, when should I treat?
- Can I use MiteGone® in the fall/late summer instead of pesticides?
- I have a high infestation of mites and / or my mites are resistant to pesticides. What should I do?
- How do entrance and bottom “gadgets” affect the Formic Acid treatment with MiteGone® ?
- How do I treat my nuclei or hives of other sizes?
- Why should I use a cutting box and a knife to cut the pad? Why can’t I shear the pad?
- I have PIERCO plastic frames with no honey and / or foundation combs only.
MiteGone® Enterprises Int.
Web Page FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Jan. 2015 W-4
© Copyright 2009, MiteGone® Enterprises Int., All Rights Reserved.
Site Maintenance by FACT Computer Services Co.
Follow Mitegone on Social Media and learn something new every day. Use the share bar below to spread the word.
| | | | |